Best foward facing carseat

My daughter has outgrown her baby carseat (her legs are jammed up against the seat in the car and the straps cut into her neck on the highest setting) soooo...im in the market to buy a really safe, really comfy, happy baby making carseat... Anyone know what the best carseat is?

cpuckett27

Asked by cpuckett27 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im not sure but I do know it's safe to keep them rear facing as long as possible.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• How old is she?
    JayRo00

• sorry no !
    Anonymous

• love the britax... and the carseat i got for mine is right up there with that. the evenflo triumph.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• and, btw, the laws for forward facing is at LEAST 20 lbs AND 1 year old... but they're pushing for 2 years now... the carseat i got can rearface as well.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Buy a convertible carseat most can rear-face up to 30 or 40 lbs. Mine rear faces until 35lbs and DD (25months and in the 70th %) is still rear-facing. It's MUCH safer... and it's illegal for a child under 1 year and/or under 20lbs to front face.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yeah, your daughter is 8 months old. It's illegal for her to front-face!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I would also suggest you keep her rear facing a bit longer, at least until she is a year old. However, that doesn't mean she has to be uncomfortable. Get her a Graco My Ride 65 and rear face for a bit longer and then the My Ride can be turned around and used as a forward facing seat.
    mommyofJames512

Answer by mommyofJames512 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• She can not face forward until a year old and 20lbs. It's better to have broken legs than a broken neck. Britax can be used rear facing and it is much bigger seat. My sis had that problem and she just switched. Britax are exensive but worth it.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• sorry for the typos rushing
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2010