OMG! THIS PREGNANCY HEARTBURN IS KILLING ME!!!

I think my chest is an erupted volcano and the hotlava is eating my esophagus alive!!! LOL
Out of TUMS
Just opened a new gallon of milk and it tastes funny so can't drink it
No icecream left in the house..only fruity popsicles and those make my heartburn worse!
Not going to the store, have to get my baby girl in bed here shortly...and forget asking mister lover man...his ass is parked on the couch for the night,lol.

WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO?!? lol
This baby better have LOTS of hair, thats all I got to say!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 8:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It was awful for me too! And he didn't even have much hair! WATER DOES NOT HELP. I thought it did, then I read it didn't. Then I started noticing that it was not as bad when I didn't drink water. Bread may help?
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I am not sure what to tell you if you can't get to the store. BUT, you can take something else if tums isn't working well enough. My OB asked how the tums were working for me and I said not great. i have to take a lot. He said "You know, you don't have to suffer!" he said i could take pepcid and....what is that other one called?? No clue. But you can take a better med if you are always downing tums.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Zantac, even max strength, is safe during pregnancy and I lived on the stuff with my first 2. The heart burn with my 3rd was bad enough that I had to get a prescription. My dr gave me Protonix and it was a life saver.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• When I lived in the hospital before my second baby, they gave me Pepcid AC. It was my saver!!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• This is my 3rd too...the first time I ever found out what heart burn was, was when I was pregnant with my 1st..but nothing this bad! He came out with a ton of black hair, too. Then my 2nd..I had it pretty bad..I was SURE she was going to have a ton of hair..this girl came out with red peach fuzz,lol. So my theory is this..as bad as this heartburn has been this 3rd time for me...this one is going to have a massive amount of RED hair! LOL
    And I agree..water doesnt work! I think it makes it worse. I just drank a whole glass of ice water, felt good going down then it bubbled right back up! lol
    I'm laughing instead of crying..its going to be a super long night, I can feel it now!!
    Thanks for the advice ladies!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• GET YOURSELF SOME ZANTAC!!! it will save you
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Coconut water.

You can try baking soda in water. It'll taste bad.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yep, it was 5 or even 6 years from now, but I remember just like yesterday )).
    Try some almonds. If yours as bad as mine was, nothig really will help LOL . I was throwing up becouse of heartburn.

Good luck !!
    laygla

Answer by laygla at 11:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• MILK at least 2% but wole mik works the best.
    quila_sunrise

Answer by quila_sunrise at 12:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2010