The Goddess Artemis

Can any of you pagan mommas out there explain more about Atremis to me? Or even you non-pagans who have interest in the greek pantheon. Even just some tips on where to read about her would be most appreciated.

Kaivarii

Asked by Kaivarii at 8:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• twin of apollo, daughter of zeus, goddess of fertility, hunting, and wilderness. she was a virgin
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

My hubby is Greek so I can probably ask him to write you an e-mail about it when he gets home. My FIL was a history professor in Greece.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• pipermomofash that would be great. I know a bit of her but I would like to know more. As much as I can find out.
    Kaivarii

Answer by Kaivarii at 9:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Sure, I'll have him write everything he knows about her. :)

pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I have a number of Goddess (and God) posts that I've been spacing out on posting, to your luck Artemis was one of them. So I just went ahead and published for you...

Here you go,

http://witchywonderland.blogspot.com/2010/06/deities-in-detail-artemis-greek-goddess.html

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• thanks Sabrina, that will be quite helpful
    Kaivarii

Answer by Kaivarii at 9:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I have a good bit more coming - they just need published, so if you need anything else let me know.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• ^^^ Diana Goddess of the Hunt Statue

Lovely Goddess of the Bow, of all tender wild creatures." Diana was the Roman name for the Greek Goddess Artemis, Moon Maiden, divine huntress and protector of the wilderness. This modern image by Oberon Zell was inspired by the "Pastorale" scene from Fantasia. 8-1/4" tall polyresin finished in blue and silver, or black and silver. (blue shown)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2010