Stupid question but... Could someone explain to me how this works? lol I NEVER understood how people understand that.

Ok, when someone says: hot guy at 8 o'clock, how do I know where to look? Which part of the clock am I?
Sorry if it's too stupid!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just learned what those phrases mean, but you're facing the 12. lol.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Picture a clock in front of you and look at what would be 8 o'clock or whatever time they say. (Picture the room as a clock may help too).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• You are in the middle. 12 oclock is straight ahead, 3 oclock is to your right, 9 oclock to your left, 6 oclock is right behind you. The other numbers are in between, like on a clock. Hope this makes sense, and helps!
    Anonymous

• You are in the middle of the clock. 3 is on your right and 9 is on your left.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I never understood it either or why they couldn't just say hot guy over your left shoulder!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• IDK. How can they know so fast what time to say so that you know where to look? Like, how do they know that he's at 8 from where you are?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• OP HERE

So when someone tells me to look at 8 o'clock, I am facing the 12 o'clock and play by it. When I want to tell someone to look somewhere and that someone is facing me, I'm facing the 6 o'clock?

That's sooo confusing!
    Anonymous

• As everyone explained..
    Learning it takes practice, just like anything else! If you do it, it will become second nature.. Personally, Ive only heard it a few times in my life
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2010