Really... you think if my child is friends with ONE of your kids I need to invite both to a party???

What is up with this??? If my child is in class with ONE of your kids why do you expect BOTH of them to be invited to a play date or birthday party?

Do you really expect to teach your kids that life is 100% fair and even??? Because it is NOT. You HAVE to teach your children to be happy for each other’s success and good time regardless of what you are experiencing at the time.

Life is NOT even.... but you can ALWAYS be the bigger person and be happy f0r each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• You already asked this question.
    Anonymous

• it doesn't even make sense
    Anonymous

• I see your point but I'm not about to hurt a childs feelings teaching him that life is unfair. It's just a party, he's not going to bankrupt you by showing up. You're creating memories and building a young soul into a wonderful person. Why go to all that trouble to make him feel left out?
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 9:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I do agree with this, I am an older mom and been there and done that. While the invited sibling is at the party, take the other out for a one on one date. Op...you will not even believe this one. My dd was being babysat by a neighbor down the street after school, till I got home from work. I worked Saturdays as well. So this parent took her dd to the party, with my dd who was the same age in the car, and my dd wasnt invited to the party. Can you even believe crap like that happens? Way worse then a sibling not being invited to another siblings party!
    Anonymous

• If the mom stays at the party, then yes, both. Otherwise just the one your kid is friends with.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I agree with you but wow you are not on the same page as the rest of the world. Do you have mental issues or are on drugs? I mean gee wizz girl...
    Anonymous

• It's interesting that you bring this subject up. My dd is turning two in a couple of weeks, and I wanted to invite some of the neighborhood toddlers who we see all the time on our walks and shopping trips. A couple of them have older siblings, and I told my SO that OF COURSE we would be inviting them as well. I don't think it's fair to invite one child to a party and not invite his/her sibling(s). Besides, it's probably only going to be cake and ice cream at the local park. I'm sure we won't go broke by purchasing a bigger cake and an extra gallon or two of ice cream!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Frankly, my kids are roughly the same age. If you invite just one, you will get none. It's that simple. I'm not about to explain to my son that he can't go with his brother simply because your kid doesn't like him... Besides, my kids are taught to stand by each other first. You don't like one - you don't like any!
    Anonymous

• I have to say I've never experienced that type of situation from either side. My son had a bday party and he invited his friends in his class and no one asked to bring thier sibling.....but if they did, I don't think I would really care or mind?
    I wouldn't expect my son to take his sister with him either....but he's 10 years old and she's only 15 months,big differenc in age,lol.
    Oh well, I guess I just don't get the big deal.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I have had this happen. But then when it does i don't invited those children anymore. If the parents are that disrespectful, I don't need my dd hanging around with their children.
    Anonymous