has anyone ever tried fertile-focus? or a similar microscope fertility monitor?

DH and I are TTC baby #1 for 7 months now. I have tried OPK but with little success. I read an article a few days ago that said that when you get a positive result on the OP, chances are that you have already ovulated and the likely hood of getting preg is slim. Just wondering if anyone has ever used the fertile-focus device or anything similar to it. If so, what were your experiences? Any info or comment will be greatly appreciated.

MrsMathis

Asked by MrsMathis at 9:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would recommend charting instead. It's virtually free. Check out this book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It can help you determine exactly when you are ovulating. The only things you will need are a basal thermometer ($9 at Target) and the charts (free online). It will tell you how to check your cervix for signs of ovulation and fertility as well as check your temp to see when you are ovulating. If it doesn't work, it will be a good tool to give to your doc so that they can have a base of information to start with rather than throwing meds and things at you trying to find a problem.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• We TTC for 2 years before getting help from an RE. Somewhere along the line I tries Ovacue but it did nothing but cause me a headache because I wasn't ovulating regularly. It turns out I have PCOS and it really makes me wish I hadn't waited so long to see a Dr.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 1:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Depending on your age 7 months is not a long time at all to be ttc my husband and I were trying for a year before we got pregnant and we were both perfectly healthy I know if you are above the age of 35 after 6 months of ttc your are supposed to see a specialist any one younger than that you are suppose to go after a yr
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• thank you ladies for the comments! i am almost 27 years old and very eager to get pregnant soon! i haven't tried charting with a basal thermometer, but I may start that soon. I was on BCP for about 7 years straight, when I got off the pill my first 4 periods were very regular, every 28 days. but these last 3 months have varied. one was 32 days, one 38 and today makes day 33 and no period yet. so I'm not for sure whats going on. but i really appreciate the insight from all of you. i may make an appointment with the doctor soon to see if anything is up, but i keep telling myself that DH can do it on our own.
    MrsMathis

Answer by MrsMathis at 10:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2010