Do you believe in cloning?

Religion aside, do you PERSONALLY believe it is ok? I am talking about cloning an entire person. Do you think we have that right? Do you think it takes away from the natural order of things? I don't agree with it at all and that has nothing to do with my spiritual path. That is me as a person

WonderWoman1979

Asked by WonderWoman1979 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, it's just not natural.
    Anonymous

• I agree! I think it is just wrong and a bad idea to be honest. I don't want to be cloned lol
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• No. It's only a matter of time before things go wrong. Science can take things too far and I think cloning an entire person is a step over the line that should not be crossed.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Entire people, No. Nothing religious behind my reasoning, I just think it's stupid and would have several adverse affects no matter the reason for the clone.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• me too! It scared the heck out of me to think of that.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It is a crazy and wrong idea. I don't feel it would end up a positive in the end. And our soul is what makes us....is a clone going to have a soul???
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• hmm good question but...in all honestly here...it will have a brain which means it can think. It will have energy running through the body which makes it react. It will probably share emotions which is what we would consider a soul which to me is nothing more than energy. It will not be a robot! It will be a living, breathing thing.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• it's no more unnatural than IVF. in fact that's basically what human cloning is with the exception of a female incubator
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I find the whole idea in itself interesting and amazing. But I do not agree with it being done. I think with it, a lot of problems will come.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

Not quite. IVF is joining sperm and egg in a lab and transferring it to the female. The human born as a result will have it's own set of fingerprints, etc. A clone is an identical genetic match. Fingerprints will be identical as well as retinal patterns etc. Scars and marks such as tattoos would obvioulsy not be on the clone as those aren't genetic factors. In terms of "souls" seeing as a soul is the knowledge, experience, etc that a person developes as they grow it is safe to state that a clone would have a "soul" however that would differ from it's "host" or the person who was cloned. then again one could keep a clone in seclusion and train them to suppress all emotion and to be killing "machines" in which case one could argue whether they have a "soul" or not.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2010