My cousin keeps hitting on my boyfriend...it's makes me more sad than mad...but anyone got advice on how to stop her?

My cousin is 4 years older than me, she became a single teen mom and pretty much lost all her friends at the same time so she sort of spent most of her time hanging out with me and tagging along to concerts and local rock shows with me and my friends but then I got married and moved on past my teen life. She got married and had a second child three years ago and moved out of state so we had more of a normal friendship. However she's always been a bit jealous of me, I'm not sure why, and was full of fake sympathy when I left my husband last year. Now I'm very happy with a new guy who I'm getting more and more serious with. My cousin and her family just moved back to town and she keeps hitting on my boyfriend. I'm not mad because I know he doesn't like her, even as a friend, so its more sad and embarrassing than anything but I know it makes my boyfriend uncomfortable since he doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• only way to end it, is to have him let her know very clear that it is not ok
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I had the same problem with my cousin and my hubby. But he was really annoyed so he put her in her place himself. Have your boyfriend let her know she's pissing him off.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 10:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Tell her to her face this has to stop.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I think it depends on just how she is hitting on him. If it's just mildly, or if it's like blatantly, obnoxiously hitting on him. And whether or not you care if you embarrass her. Have you told her to stop it? If you have, and she won't stop, then you have to be more aggressive. However aggressive she is determines how aggressive you get is what I'm trying to get at. I think I'd get myself so worked up that I'd end up embarrassing her.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• He'll have to bc if you interfere she'll try harder thinking you are just jealous. Just tell him to set her straight.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Well, he should just flat out tell her it makes him uncomfortable and she needs to stop. Embarrassing or not, he needs to say it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• tell her you don't want her flirting with your so because you don't appreciate the advances she makes on him. is she still married?
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2010