pregnancy test gave me positive result, now I starting my pereods??

Two days ago store pregnancy test gave me positive result ( 2 times ), but today I am spotting, just like I do every time before my pereods ((.
I hope it is not miscarriege .
What do you thonk, MOMS ??
Thanks.

laygla

Asked by laygla at 10:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • Implantation bleeding.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• You wouldn't get a positive result before implantation so it's not that. Bleeding early isn't necessarily anything bad.

Anonymous

• You wouldn't get a positive result before implantation so it's not that

Actually you can . Implantation typically takes place 6-12 days after ovulation. Fertilization of an egg typically takes place in the first 24 hours after leaving the ovaries(the onset of Ovulation). If the OP's ovulation takes place closer to her menstrual cycle it is possible to get a positive test as a result from raised hCG levels prior to implantation.

The important thing is to keepon eye on whether it is spotting or gets heavier, and the color of the bloody discharge.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Sounds like break through bleeding associated with pregnancy. Go to your dr and get a blood test done to test your hcg levels to rule out a miscarriage.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Thanks, everyboby !
    Just want to add one more thing : if I am pregnant , then i am on my 4th or 5 th week.
    And, yes, I have an appointment for tuesday. I sceduled even before this silly periods started.
    laygla

Answer by laygla at 11:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Implantation bleeding, break through bleeding, and hormonal bleeding can all happen throughout the first trimester. Implantation bleeding can take a while to exist the uterus and can continuw to happen as the egg burrows deeper and when the placenta is formed.

If it makes you feel any better I had period like bleeding at 4 weeks and my baby was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Kristi, HcG is not generated until implantation. Ovulation happens 12-14 days before a period. Unless she is having short luteal phases (which would make it extremely difficult to get pregnant), she can't ovulate "closer to her menstrual cycle".

OP, if your spotting turns into a full on "period" I suggest a visit to your doctor. It could be what's called a "chemical pregnancy". However, there are many non-problematic causes for bleeding early in pregnancy.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• "Kristi, HcG is not generated until implantation. Ovulation happens 12-14 days before a period. Unless she is having short luteal phases (which would make it extremely difficult to get pregnant), she can't ovulate "closer to her menstrual cycle"."

I agree

There is no way you would have enough HcG in your blood for a positive home pregnancy test if that is in fact implantation bleeding, It would just be way to early. If I were you id wait until your appt and talk to your doctor about it. But If It gets heavy or you start getting cramping or unusual pain then I would defiantly go to the ER, but hopefully its nothing. Its not uncommon for bleeding early in pregnancy.

Anonymous