just wondering if anyone has a toddler with adhd or add ?

bwsmommy

Asked by bwsmommy at 10:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Toddlers do not have this. Sorry but that is yet another way of Drs getting money!!! My child is hyper and has a short attention span SHE'S TWO YEARS OLD!!!! Guess what my friends kid is hyper and has a little longer but still short attention span guess what SHE'S FOUR!!! It is normal!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• They usually do not diagnose this until 7 or 8 years old. And then it's best to get a neuropsychiatric evaluation.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Isn't that a little young to diagnose? My granddaughter is five. They wanted to have her checked during kindergarten this past year. But she is too young as far as I am concerned. We are waiting. There is, however, a big line of stuff you would have to get done in order to make a diagnose. Hope that helps.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• You know where I come from on the subject. :) I think you're totally legitimate in your concerns. ((hugs))
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 10:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• i didnt say the dr thought of it ... nor does the dr know that i have thought that my son may have it .. and well there is a lot more then just a hyper child ... in this case. And if you were to spend one day with my child .. you would see that hes not your normal 3 yr old .. and well i have 3 kids .. and he acts just like my 9 yr old did at this same age .. and my 9 yr old is add/adhd as well as delayed , with sensory issues . So im so sorry to ruffle your tail fathers with my worries . I didnt ask for anyone to bash me nore leave rude uncalled for comments .. i simply asked if anyone had a toddler with adhd .. or add ... so if you dont .. then there is no need for you to answer the question .. now is there ..?
    bwsmommy

Answer by bwsmommy at 10:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I did! Now he's a schoolager with ADHD. It really didn't cause any problems when he was younger- it was all we knew since he is an only child. It really effected him more in 1st and 2nd grade.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I was diagnosed ADHD at 4 so I know where you are coming from. My 3 yr old behaves exactly as I did at that age. We tried removing food dyes from her diet and it has made a WORLD of difference.

Go to http://www.feingold.org/  and see if it helps you out. Good luck!

Anonymous

• GEEZ OP... YOU ASKED A QUESTION, PEOPLE RESPONDED.. NOW GET OVER IT. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD. NOT ALL CAN KISS YOUR BUTT, YA KNOW.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt worry .. but most of the males on my dh's side have it .. and my oldest son has it .. and my 3 yr old has many other issues .. and well he starts preschool this fall for delayed children .. and im just worried .. =( they know of course all the major problems that he has .. since hes been in therapy since he was 2 months old for a list of things .. and well this is just one i dont want to have to add later on down the road =( cause my 9 yr old has had such a hard time with it .
    bwsmommy

Answer by bwsmommy at 10:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yes, she asked a question. She didn't ask to be jumped all over FOR asking that question. That's just my take.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 10:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2010