Is this normal for girls? I dont know what else to do!

My DD is 7 and she is always saying her private part feels wet and she is constantly doing a quick bend to touch it and then stops. She doesnt do this when she's sitting down though. I only use non scented laundry/by ath wash. She has her own washcloths too. I sprinkle non-talc baby powder in her undies each day.. still she says she feels wet when I ask her why she has to bend and touch it (she does this on the outside of her clothes. So Im wondering if this is normal for girls.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yeah pretty much so. I think she might just not be wiping correct, or she might just be checking to make sure she didn't dribble. Maybe she's just really overly concerned about it.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Does she have a labial adhesion? My 7 yr old does and the urine will kind of pool there where the adhesion is after she goes to the bathroom and then after she is up walking around, it will drip out and she touches herself because it feels funny.
    Anonymous

• Maybe have her use a pantyliner to absorb any wetness.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Kiwi is 5 and sometimes says she feels wet and says she's going to check and see if she peed on herself. It's mostly after she's played hard or slept (she sweats something fierce sleeping), so I think it's just sweat. I plan to mention it to her doctor the next time she goes, but it could be a while, she's hardly ever sick. She also sometimes gets air bubbles that make her feel like she's wet.
    It was so long ago that I was that age, I don't remember.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Quit with the powder - it can feel weird, and I know I don't feel right down there if I use it. So, quit with the powder for a few days, and see if she still does it.
    Anonymous

• Stop the powder studies have shown powder found in girls uterus n cyst when they get older i think she needs to dry herself better
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Thank you ladies for your helpful advice. I will definitley use these suggestions :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2010