Inappropriate birthday gifts

Just for fun, though I'll probably put a lot of thought into the answers for my son's future birthdays!

What do you think would be inappropriate for anyone other than a parent to give their child for a birthday?

My answer would be a cell phone, for one. =/

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• giving a little girl a makeup kit.. a grown up make up kit
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• used gifts,,,dont bash I have heard of it!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the makeup for litle girls, I know someone who bought there teenage son porn!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• A pet-any living thing should not be given as a present unless it is from the parents.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• LOL ANON my sister in law is very frugal and buys gifts at rummages and clearance sales. Now I am not against giving this kind of stuff if your broke, I understand. (but she is not broke, she's loaded) Anyway she gave my daughter a bunch of books for christmas one year. Good gift... but then we got home and sat down to look at them, they had stickers, writing, and food smudges inside! ICK! They went right into the garbage.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• How about undies? I'd feel really wierd if anyone but myself bought undies for my kids.
    Anonymous

• ew! Anon :35, I had never considered that. That probably would be pretty awkward, especially if it was like an 8 year old or older!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I bought my niece panties when she turned 3 and my other sister bought my son CARS underwear when he turned 3. But I'd never do that for anyone else. I'm always careful about buying toy guns, even nerf guns because some people are touchy about that.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My mom got my 6 yr. old grandson a spy toy that was labeled for a 8+ yr. old. He didn't know what to do with it. Once she got my 3 yr. old granddaughter a baby toy that was labeled for 6 mos.+. How did she think that would be for a 3 yr. old? Once she got my granddaughter a used stuffed animal, you could tell it was used and worn out, it's neck was limp.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2010