wow still having some good sized contractions..blood spots here and there.. mucus here and there baby is way down and even with my dilstion an effacement and all other stuff baby still wont come.. am i gonna die pregnant haha no really whats the longest expected time to typically go through this?

dexbryj10

Asked by dexbryj10 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When are you actually due? If it's any consolation, it sounds like you might be close. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I remember being told that the first stages (the first part of dilating until you get real contractions that are evenly spaced out) can last up to 48 hours. I didn't have any of that because my water broke without me contracting like I should. I waited 24 hours for contractions that never came and was induced after.
    Anonymous

• im a month early but my body don't carry to term EVER and my doc knows this.. I know " not good" but i have 3 premies already and this will be my 4th (obviously lol) tubes are gettig tied and i just want it over. my doc dont think ill go much past 34weeks and im 34 today so i guess we will see
    dexbryj10

Answer by dexbryj10 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• How far along are you? Babies definitely come when they want. I would say walking and lots of sex.. Male semen contains a chemical in it that can soften the cervix and help ripen it. I went 35 weeks with my 1st baby, and 40 weeks 4 days with my second lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• If you are 34 weeks having contractions, you need to go to the hospital and see if they can stop them.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• i have a 27 week and 2 34 week boys and im at 34 for this one now
    dexbryj10

Answer by dexbryj10 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• i have been having contractions off and on sense 29 weeks
    dexbryj10

Answer by dexbryj10 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• With my first two children, I went into labor starting at 28 weeks, I went to 35 weeks with my first baby.. and I went to 40 weeks, 4 days with my second. I lasted full term with my second due to all the drugs they gave me to prevent preterm labor. I am now high risk with my third, so I know what you are talking about with "not being able to carry to full term".. But you certainly do NOT want to sit around and go into labor at 34 weeks. They can give you terbutalane shots
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• that med makes me sick as heck
    dexbryj10

Answer by dexbryj10 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I know your ready to be done but as a mother of other premies you should know how much of a struggle it is for such a tiny baby to fight for it's life when they are born early.

I would SERIOUSLY recommend you go to the hospital to get check and see if they can stop labor. I would much rather MYSELF be sick than my BABY being fighting for his life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2010