What was the best moment of the school year, or are we there yet?

Oh wow, I have teens and they are in choir. Thursday night was awesome! Watched the seniors for the last time. The choir sang Baba Yetu, two years ago. Last night they rocked the house with the help of the h.s. orchestra! They sang this same song as the finale and it was goose bump material. So glad I got it on tape. So,,what you got moms,,pre-k to seniors in high school? Help me out here..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• For my son, it will be the awards ceremony next week. For my own classroom it was having my students write and read aloud their own stories =)
    Anonymous

• Ditching the b**** of a teacher 1 of my kids had this year. Unforgetable experience!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• We still have another week of school here. I have a first grader and her best moment was when she went from getting zeros on her spelling tests to getting 100% on them. I had no idea that she was failing the spelling tests until parent teacher conferences a few months into school. They didn't ever send the completed tests home or anything so I had no idea. So as soon as I knew, I asked that they send home the spelling list each week and the completed and scored test. We worked on spelling words almost every night and right away she started getting them all right.
    Anonymous

• My eldest daughter is in Kindergarten and today was the school annual Fun Fair and every year they get teachers, and the principal, to volunteer for the dunk tank. My DD was anxious to try the dunk tank though I never thought she'd hit that little target because she's only 5 but I had to give in since she spotted her 4 year old cousin in line. My little girl goes up for her turn, each child gets 4 balls to throw, and my girl dunked the teacher with her first and last throw so she hit the target right on two out of 4 times! It was awesome. I never thought she'd get it so I didn't think to record it and now I'm so mad at myself for not catching it on my phone...her dad couldn't make it to the fun fair and I know he would've loved to have seen it.
    Anonymous

• OP here,,anon 8:15. Like I said, I have teens, a junior and a freshman. I honestly havent been able to afford a cam-corder or a cell phone that took videos till recently. You are lucky to be learning early here. I bought the flip cam-corder its really small and light weight and rather in-expensive. My dd will be a senior in a few short months,,,acrually after these seniors graduate in a week!..anon 7:49, thank you for all your hard work as a teacher. Having teens in their senior grades of school makes me appreciate so much more what all the years of teachers have brought together here. I forgot to mention my kids choir teacher, and Im so sorry for that cause she is so awesome,,,,her name is Art,,,and she is a gift from God...:)
    Anonymous

• My favorite part of the school year is when I'm done school a week before my kids are so I have a week at home without the kids during the day! Sounds bad I know, but it's a little bit of "me" time where I can get stuff done without having to haul everyone with me or have them "help". Plus it's great to have a bit of time to wind down from my daily schedule and the kids I work with (special needs teens) before switching to my kids social secretary/chauffeur.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I have one graduating this year so that is it for me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010