Do you let your kids stay up later on the weekends?

What time do you think is an appropriate bed time for a kid that doesn't have to get up for school the next day?

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• On school nights they go to bed around 8:30, on weekends I let them stay up until 9 or 10 depending on their behavior.
    Anonymous

• About 1 hour later than on a school night, and providing all goes well the next morning/day.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Well, my kids aren't in school yet, so they don't have a need for a bed time. They are always up til my DH and I go to bed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Saturday is the only day she goes to bed early because we have church in the morning. Otherwise she's allowed to stay up late. We homeschool so she doesn't have to get up at 6am for school anymore. I hated the early start time at her elementary school.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• yes. however late they want as long as we have nothing to do in the morning.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Weekends at my home are the same as any other day...my little one is only 23 months! So no, she doesn't get to stay up on weekends. She will occasionally stay up later than usual if we're going out to dinner with friends and we get home late.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Bedtime is bedtime it doesn't matter if it's Saturday night, Friday night, or a night in July. I've read that it's actually healthier in the long run to have a stable routine like that. Our kids are 8 and 9 and bed time is 8:45 pm. We homeschool so we don't have to get up as early to catch the bus or anything like that. If mine were to ever go back "to school" then bedtime would be 8 pm.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yes, they stay up later. Now that it's summer vacation, every day is later.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2010