Peanut butter icing

My boys want to make chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing for Daddy (his favorite) for Father's Day. Does anyone have a recipe for peanut butter icing?

LorisChar

Asked by LorisChar at 11:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• This is also from allrecipes.com. I made this and it is amazing!

1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 cup creamy peanut butter
    3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
    2 cups confectioners' sugar
    Directions
    1.Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.
    JessicaNelson21

Answer by JessicaNelson21 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I found this on allrecipes.com

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter
    * 1 cup creamy peanut butter
    * 4 cups confectioners' sugar
    * 1/3 cup cream

Directions

1. In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in 1/2 of the confectioner's sugar. Mix in 1/4 cup of the cream. Beat in the remaining confectioners' sugar. If necessary, add a little more cream or milk until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency. Makes enough to frost one 2 layer 9 inch cake or one 9x13 inch cake.

Answer by Bmat at 11:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Go to the Wilton website, and look up peanut butter buttercream - that is seriously the best pb icing! I made it, with devil's food cake, for my neighbors, and they went absolutely gaga over it! I've never had better pb icing than that recipe, and I've made quite a few!
    Anonymous