Why do young moms respond to 13-17 questions?

Really you guys? You have NO idea what its like to have a teen, to raise your baby to the point we are at. Why do you respond with really teen like answers. You guys have no idea what you are in store for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• But don't you remember that age, they know it all.
    Anonymous

• actually since i was a teen not that long ago, about 4 or 5 years ago i was a teen, and you were a teen probably 20 or more years ago .. i think that i can remember alot more whats going through a teenagers mind, and how they think react and relate to things and so i can give you better advice in that way. i think once you get to a certain age, you might forget what it was really like to be a teenager, you only think as you do now, and sometimes you need to be able to understand somebody to help them in the right way.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• bc we are closer to the age group than yours we know how we would want you to treat us if you were our moms!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Because not too long ago i was at that age and its always great to get a different point of view.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I don't even answer in this section because my oldest is 6! I am not young I am 32 though. I think its nuts that they think just cause they are closer to that age they get it. being that age and being a mom completely different.
    Anonymous

• a young mom may not know what its like to be the parent of a child that age but we remember what it was like to BE that age. and some parents are very out of touch with how devious teens cans be or how a teen can think. i may have never had a 13 yr old child, but i do know what most 13 year olds were doing and saying and i am a parent so i think i am able to fill in some blanks that some parents may not see.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• We many not "GET IT" exactly like you'd like but we can fill in some spaces and gaps where you may not know the "latest" on what kids are doing, saying, acting, music etc.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Being that age and being a parent of a kid that age is not the same thing. If parents made every decision based on how the teen feels about it we would be in a world of hurt. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Op here,,and thanks not for bashing cause I was so expecting that! I get you guys and what your saying. But your also saying stuff is ok for my teens to do. Now understand I have given birth and raised dd and ds for many, many years. In fact I have devoted my entire life to them. I know you where here a short time ago, but I have been the mommy for 17 years now. Changed diapers, elementary school, junior high and all of those hormones, and now onto high school. I am getting tired and sometimes I need fresh eyes. But even though its only a few years behind you, as mothers, can you see the difference now? Can you look at your little one and never want to see them hanging out in the wrong crowd? Can you see some boy hanging all over them that you are so disgusted by that you cant even stand it? Thats what Im talking about here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Actually since they are teens themselves they can give you some insightful advice from the other side of the fence.  You would do well to listen to them sometimes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2010