How often do you get "me" time?

I'd like to know how often most moms get time away from their family, whether that be truly alone time or time out with girlfriends or even a date with the hubby. How often do you get away from your kids? A long bath while the kids are at home doesn't count. I mean, truly get away from your kids for at least a couple of hours?

looselylucid

Asked by looselylucid at 11:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• other than working sat/sun nights, i usually get 1 day every 1-2 weeks depending on the situation. each of my kids has a designated grandparent that wants to keep them at least one night on the weekends. and sometimes me and hubby will get to go out on a saturday night or sit home kid free. but i only get maybe 1 day a month for myself if im lucky
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• never lol so far.. my son's only 8 months old almost 9.. and i never leave anywhere without him.. the only time is what you say to exclude, long bath times, even then it's not long because i fear he'll be screaming and i'm not anywhere near the room for him to hear my voice
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• my mom usually takes my son to sleep at her house one night a week. if its on fridays (my SO's only night off), then we either have a date night or go out with friends. its only usually on a friday 1 day a month if im lucky or the summer because my mom bartends for weddings over the summer, winter its more often on fridays. if its not on a friday, then i get the night to myself to catch up on sleep and things like that. or for special occasions, like my birthday is comming up, me and my SO are supposed to go to atlantic city for the 24th and 25th and were supposed to go to a concert on july 16th.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I am pretty lucky, both my kids still nap, so there's always a 90 minute block in the afternoons.....

my parents (who are in LOVE w/ my kids) live approx 10 blocks away so if I am overwhelmed, etc help is a phone call away.

Now that Summer is here if I want a long shower/bath or quiet to clean/cook/etc I have my DH take 'em to the playground for a spell.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Never really ... I'm a mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• The only time I "get away" is late at night after everyone has gone to bed. That's my time to get on the computer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• maybe once or twice a month...
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Never. Unless you count me staying up until midnight while the kids are in bed. Everywhere I go I almost always have at least 1 kid with me. Actually me and my husband went "baby" shopping today. He lives out of town for now and was visiting and we had to borrow my dad's car. We went grocery shopping and bought some stuff for our new baby coming in July. It's the first time we've been out without the kids since...who knows when. And almost all the times we do go out without them it is spent grocery shopping or running errands. Not exactly what I'd call "me" time.
    The last date we had was...heck I don't know. I remember going out for our anniversary in January 2009. My dad watched the kids and we saw a movie (our first date since 2005). I don't remember if we've been out since then. And with the move and new baby it will be another 5 years before we get the chance again...that's when the baby will start school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Almost never, but today I did. Of course, I was running a 102° fever, but it was uber-cool of my MIL to pick all three boys up and deal with them. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• once or twice a month, sometimes more. Unless you count when my DD is in school from 8-1030. That's the time I normally spend running errands though lol. As for JUST me time, completely away from the kids and chores, yeah once or twice a month. DH never minds me going to do something, and he stays home with the kids, we just don't have the money or time for me to be going out lol. Friday night was the first night in a while, I had a girls night and went to Olive Garden and saw the movie Killers with 3 girl friends of mine. It was awesome!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2010