Do you ever get a little scared sleeping in your house alone?

i can be such a baby! i hate when SO goes out and stays out late bc i can never get good sleep! i dont know what i would do if i was single!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes! my SO works over night so its just me and my 1 year old here. i got SO scared. i hear noises, i think about what happen if someone broke in here and tried to kill us, i have nightmares. sometimes ill here a noise and i get so scared, i either cant move or i get up and check every place in the apt where someone could be hiding. but thank god i live right next door to the police station so that makes me feel a LITTLE better but not much...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I get scared even with the family here.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• if i know someone other than my son is here, i can sleep.. but if it's just me and my son.. i NEED a night light lol, i'm not scared of the dark... just terrified of the unexpected.. with the way my son's father is.. who knows if he randomly has the urges to finally be a 'man' come late at night and break in?
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I have a shotgun, and 3 100 lb German Shepherds... I think it should be the people on the other side of the door that should be scared....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You need a dog! There are lots of dogs sitting at shelters right now, that would truly love to protect you and your house! I adopted one. He's absolutely wonderful and I wouldn't trade him for the world! (As he's sleeping in my closet snoring) LOL!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I'm not really scared...I can't really explain it. I'm just not use to an empty house so I get anxious and weird when I'm alone all night. I'll seriously turn on music and just pace back and forth talking to myself, working out problems in my head or planning out what I'll do the next day. One night I was sitting backwards on the couch, I had my back on the cushion, my head upside down and my legs up the back sticking into the air and I was just doing that and then I'd change into a laying position because I got bored and while I was sitting weird my SO had decided to come home early and he scared the hell out of me. He laughed and said he obviously had to rearrange his work schedule so he'd be home any night that the kids were gone so I wouldn't be alone. I told him he was a dick and went into the kitchen, then layed down on the floor - not sure why though since I wasn't alone and weird anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• YES... I don't get it I lived on my own till age 24 and its really only been recently I have had this issue! We are having issues and I am like that if we break up OMG...I know I will be fine but I never use to be this way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• When I moved out of my parents house I was 18. Every night I would sit there until about 9pm in my apartment then pack up my two cats and go sleep at my parents house. It took me about a month to finally sleep at my own place. I got married shortly after that and I would always stay awake until my husband got home. Sometimes his study group would be going until midnight but I would stay up. I haven't had to sleep away from my husband in a few years but I am sure if I had to I wouldn't sleep easy. Every noise always made me freeze like a deer in headlights. I am paranoid I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I have a 95lb Doberman so I feel pretty safe. He'll bark at any noise and his bark is HUGE so I doubt anyone would even bother to find out more lol. I live in a nice neighborhood too.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I do, for some reason when the boys are here (ages 4 and 5) I seem to do ok. But times like now, when they are visiting their mom for a month I'm half scared to death. DH works nights and we aren't in the greatest of neighborhoods, at least that's what he thinks. Right now, even as tired as I am, I'm afraid to sleep cuz of the nightmares I've been having lately.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2010