has anyone been sucessful in getting preg from taking vitex

I have pcos and been ttc on meds for 5 months I've had one miscarriage, I'm up to the point of giving up but I heard of vitex, has anyone had any sucess on it? What dosage did u take? Is it safe for the baby? Plz help ladies need advise

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 12:34 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have never tried Vitex but do share your pain. I also have PCOS and spent what felt like forever TTC. We went through 9 months of fertility treatments, 10 actually since I started on clomid but it didn't help me ovulate so we moved on to injectables (gonal-f and follistim.) We got pregnant on the first try and I miscarried at 5 weeks. On the ninth try I really, really thought I was pregnant so when I got my period I took it harder than any other time. I wasn't sure I wanted to try again but we decided to keep going and the next time I got pregnant and went on to have a healthy pregnancy. My DD will be 9 months old on the 8th and everytime I look at her it makes everything I went through worth it.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 1:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I can't say without a doubt that vitex helped me get preg, I do not have PCOS but I was on the pill for over 10 years and immed. after coming off the pill I started the vitex I do not remember the dose but the kind I had was by solorganics or something with solar in it...one pill a day. I was pregnant in just about 3 months even though I had no normal cycle. I also chewed fennel seeds. It is NOT safe fennnel or vitex once you get pregnant it can cause something in the uterus to want to flush supposedly but I did not know I was preg for the first month and a half and was still taking my vitamins so just keep an eye on it even if you don't get a reg. cycle/ it is worth a try even if it cannot be proven I def got preg while taking it
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 9:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I don't have PCOS BUT it did help my mom get pregnant. She has PCOS and had been trying for 6 years to get pregnant. She tried every fertility treatment under the sun and NOTHING worked for her.

The her doctor recommended Fertility Blend because it has Vitex in it. She got regular cycles the same month she started taking it and got pregnant 2 months later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I have been taking Vitex for almost a week now. I just came off of Depo provera. I have heard wonderful things about vitex. Some women have been TTC for years and after only one or two month on vitex they got pregnant. The recommended dosage per day is 1000 MG per day.... do not have more than 1200 mg per day. As soon as you find out that you are pregnant discontinue it because it said that vitex can cause your uterus to contract leading to a possible miscarriage, but it is completely safe to take before that. I hope it helps.
    DeLaiz

Answer by DeLaiz at 10:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Wow thanx guys for all the help, I'm on cd 3 is it ok to start now?
    bxmommy2be

Answer by bxmommy2be at 11:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes, it is. You can pretty much start taking vitex at any time. Just remember to stop taking it when you get BFP. Good luck to us.
    DeLaiz

Answer by DeLaiz at 11:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Thanx everyone for all ur help
    bxmommy2be

Answer by bxmommy2be at 11:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2010