is my divorce legal?

i'm being told a lot recently that my divorce (which happened in 2004) might not be legal. there are several critical errors with the personal information ie: wrong birthdate and ss# , misspelled names. along with other stuff thats too long to get into. i plan on consulting a lawyer next week now that its been brought to my attention. but i would really like ya'll take on it. this could change my life in a big way. it could affect my raw deal on the custody AND he's been remarried and divorced. my BF and i plan on getting married in the near future.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• There are any birthdates or social security numbers in my divorce (of adults). Some states may be different. There are birthdates of children. If you are getting a new name (maiden or other) with the divorce and it is spelled wrong then whatever the spelling is in the divorce is the legal spelling. If your name is Johnson and they spelled it Jonson, then your name is Jonson. You have to go back to court to get your name changed. It doesn't make your divorce "not legal".

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• idk about it being legal or not butr i would find out before i went ahead with anything lk another marriage. good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I have to ask...how in the world did things like birth dates and ssi numbers get messed up and npo one caught it in the first place? thats really random ...I am divorced and most of that info isnt even in my papers, but as a pp stated, if the names are spelled wrong and critical info is completely wrong-then no you are prolly not divorced. as you are NOT the people on the forms technically. good luck with that...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010