dog poops and carpets

I know dogs can't let themselves outside and all but sometimes things happen and we have no choice but to let em loose in the house,but above all things why do they decide to SHIT ON MY CARPET???? And why is it when I take my dog out in the am she decides she's not gonna poop till she gets back in the house? We have 6 people in this house 5 which take her out, we each take turns standing outside with her at 20 minute intervals. Whats up with this behavior from my dog she's a schnauzer to boot they are suppose to be easily trainable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pets

• ugh. I would say crate training would help her, and then you can control when she has access to the house, and where. people think crates are cages and mean, but really they give dogs a sense of comfort, its their own space and when they are confused they have one place that "makes sense". I think some dogs just dont get it, but what I do with all mine int he past is, whereever they have pooped or peed, I put the food and water there. they wont shit where they eat so it makes them try harder. but def the first step is restrict where she is int he house until she is completely trained. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2010