Would you let your 3 year old?

Take a bath by himself/herself unsupervised or is it still too young? What's your thoughts?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I might if he seemed ready and i would leave the door open and still supervise the bathing part until they got that down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Of course not!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• nope too young. He might drown or even turn the hot water on. Kids are too unpredictable
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• no, still too young. in a instant they can fall or grab the hot water tap, anything, it takes one second.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i did with my daughter. door was left open, and i could hear her perfectly fine!!i was never really more than 20 feet away from her (we just live in a basement suite..so there really isnt far to go..) and i was checkin on her every few minutes
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I think my son is ready too alexis my water isn't scolding hot for that reason and he has been around water, in a swimming pool, not just in the bathtub, since he was a year old. I am getting comfortable with the idea. But every kid is different too. I don't put much water in the tub. Like when he lays down to rinse his hair it doesn't even cover his ears. I mean its not like I am on the other end of the house. I can turn my head and see him in there. To each their own I guess.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• ya, i mean i definetly think it depends on the kid as well..my daughter knew the rules..and she followed them..she wasnt allowed to touch the taps, she wasnt allowed to lie down, she wasnt allowed to stand up. my daughter was also very familiar with water..she looooved playing in the lil plastic kiddie pool in the backyard, loved to swim, at the pool when we went swimming we practiced her holding her breath under water, and she spends (she still does when she has baths) 45 minutes in the bath every night!! and shes 6 now..granted most nights now she does have showers..but when she does have a bath she stays in there for 45 minutes to an hour..she loves it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Personally no, but I know many people who do. I think it is to dangerous and not because of the drowning, but because he could turn the hot water on and scald himself.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• not a chance my sons 6 and i still sit in the bathroom wiv him !!!
    emma19831

Answer by emma19831 at 7:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My son is 3 and 1/2 and after I wash him and his hair he plays in the bathtub with his toys unattended all the time. My hot water is set so that it doesn't get hot enough to scald but he has been taught to not touch the faucets anyway.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 8:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2010