teething biscuits??

My 5 month old LOVES to bite and chew on things. Whatever he can get in his mouth. He's teething so bad, so I went and bought those teething cookies. What do you think of them? I know the age limit on the box is for 1 year old's, but I gave him one anyway. He really liked it (despite the mess). He doesn't really eat them. He just shews them soggy, and then after a while he's done. Is it okay that I let him have these?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the box said not to give them until 1 there must be a reason. Choking hazard? I wouldn't give something to a baby that had that kind of warning. Teething babies can teeth on teethers.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• just watch him close. they are so messy and pieces can break off. I gave them to my son at about 8 months i think. something else that worked really well(before teeth) was a raw carrot. not baby ones obviously but a large raw carrot. without teeth they can shred them or make them soft but it stil helps to chew. good uck :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Please watch him when he eats the teething biscuits. They start off OK but can definitly choke when the piece gets smaller & more soggy. I would take it away when the piece gets too small & give him a new one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I hated the teething biscuits... they end up so gross and nasty... there are corn husk type teether bites that my kids LOVED and they didn't not make nearly the mess. I wish I could remember what they were called....
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Waste of money. Processed crap. In my not so humble opinion.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2010