• In the Spotlight:

Neighbor problem?

one of my neighbors is putting cat food in front of my garbage cans, attracting all the stray cats, and one night a skunk! We don't video equipment and apart from standing guard all night, how do we solve this? arrgg! I think if we ask them directly, they will just deny it. I think it's our next door neighbors, because 1 family just moved in and the other house is way across the street. Every night I have to sweep the food onto their grass. I am so irritated. Can I call someone to solve this? anyone? I put it under relationships, I think it makes sense. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• you are going to have to catch them doing it, and then address it with them. you have to be able to say you saw it. then if they dont stop, call the police and ask them to speak to your neighbors. how annoying. you can always take the food and put it in THEIR garbage area, see how they like it lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• your neighbor is very wrong but I am curious why the heck are they feeding feral cats? I would wonder this if they were feeding them on their property much less yours.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• OP here: yeah, feeding stray cats is a big no-no! and then having them on my property is really pissing me off. I guess I will have to stand guard tomorrow night!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Talk to them like you don't suspect it's them & say "How strange, someone put catfood by our trash bins, now we have cats everywhere & even a skunk! If you happen to see someone doing this, will you please let me know"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I am afraid I'd have to agree. I'd put it back on their property
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I'd ask a relative if they have a video cam to video what's going on. I would be angry about this as well, our neighbors across the street feed strays and they walk all over our property! I have dogs and cats, all contained!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• OP here, we've staked out for two days, shot some cats with paintballs and only kept them away for 2 days. boo. Tonight the food was back. We will have to video tape.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2010