a curious question

is it better to take a pregnancy test the day of or the day after your missed period just a crazy question dont judge please

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 1:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the longer you wait the better chance that your result is accurate. Most of the tests these days can detect pregnancy sooner though so it's up to you....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would wait. Your more likely to get a clearer result if you wait a little longer. Or you can be like me and take one for fun never even thinking you're pregnant then shock the crap outta yourself. lol.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would wait. I knew I was pregnant and took a test and it still came up negative because I took it too soon. Then I took it again 2 or 3 weeks later, positive. Your HCG levels will be stronger if you wait. Plus the tests can be expensive if you have to keep buying them.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Buy a pack that has 2 (or go to the Dollar Tree and buy 2) and test both days. If you're charting and know when you ovulated and therefore know when you're period should be here, testing the day of should give you positive results. However, if you're basing it off of your cycle history then it could be off because there's always the possibility that you ovulated later than you thought.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I always waited a couple days afterwards.. But you can go buy a multipack and test the day you period is about to start.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i have took 2 and they both came back neg but i dont understand i am never late and i feel like there is something up with me
    wiggsbabe

Answer by wiggsbabe at 11:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2010