What do you think about a woman who is pregnant and gets on Craigslist or any related site to ask for "free" baby things?

I have ran upon several ads where pregnant women are telling their life stories and then ultimately begging for free baby things. Do y ou think it is okay? Or unacceptable? Have you ran upon ads such as this? have you responded? If you haven't, would you give free things to someone (not knowing for certain if they are scammers or are in need)?
I, for one, am tired of people getting pregnant and asking for free things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It doesn't bother me if people get things for free when someone is offering to give it to them, but it does bother me when people ask for things for free. It's tacky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• ive never responded to an add like that but i have posted one saying free diapers formula etc... and givin it to a needy family
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I agree with this. They should've had an abortion or given the baby up for adoption. If you can't feed em don't breed em.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Asking is better than stealing!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I am a huge fan of freecycle and the free items ads on craigslist, I whole heartedly believein recycling anything that isnt out dated or recalled. Telling your life story? well that is going a bit far, but I see nothing wrong with placing an ad under the section marked FREE that says something like : ISO infant stroller and newborn girls clothes.

The economy sucks and people are having hard times, I dont see why it is a big deal to give items to people who need them if you are never going to use them again. I give my childrens outgrown clothes to a group that does a monthy clothing swap for moms who want to trade clothes for sizes they need.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Nope, I haven't asked for free stuff on Craigslist, but I have put up ads for free stuff that I'm wanting to get rid of for needy families. I'm happy to help people who are in need. You never know what caused them to be in that situation.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• That's the whole reasoning behind the 'free' section of CL and sites like Freecycle. What's the problem? They aren't hurting you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I don't mind people posting "ISO" ads, but I think airing all the dirty laundry on the internet is a bit tacky.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't do it, but it doesn't bother me. Maybe they are really in need.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it. If you don't want or have things to give away then don't respond. No biggie. I've always given my daughters things away.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 8:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2010