The pacifier needs to go but I want to do it quick and easy if possible. Any creative ways to say bye-bye to the fy-fy?

Asked by anna_ny at 6:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know it sounds mean but once we made it through some bad teething we just took all of them and trashed them. We had 1 bad day, the next he had pretty much forgot about them. We just told him big boys didnt use paci's He was 1 1/2 at the time, but we kind did the bottles the same way, at one yr we just boxed them up and started him on sippys. I dont know if he picked up on our confidence but he did wonderful....good luck hun!

Answer by Anubis8733 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• oh ya know come to think of it, on supernanny(yeah silly I know) she made an envelope for the paci fairy, and asked the little boy (3yo) if he would put his pacis in the envelope so that the paci fairy could give the pacis to babys who needed them. He did it on his own!!! They put it in the mailbox and the next day there was a package for him from the paci fairy with little toys in it....hope this helps

Answer by Anubis8733 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My mom cut holes in mine till i noticed and tahn told me it was garbage and i went and threw it away

Answer by rach7787 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• what we did was go to a toy store and we put all the bottles or pacies in this case let him pick out a very kewl toy and traded it even though we bought it and told the cashier what we were doing it was a way to end the pacies and our child was fine with it

Answer by Patience1 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i was thinking of the paci-fairy too!!

Answer by leah2113 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Here is how i broke my daughter well actually she broke herself. My neighbors were going away for a couple days and asked me to watch their bull dog while they were gone so i said yes. We brought there dog to my house and at the time Georgia was 9 months and she kept saying here puppupup and she would throw her binkie down for the puppy to have she was sharing lol well the next thing i know he had and b4 i could get it from himhe done had it all chewed up well it was late and i had no way to go to the store to replace it so needless to say she was broke the hard way lol

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Just toss them! Cold turkey...

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My friend did somethign cute when a friend of hers had a baby she told her girls the baby needed the pacifier and to give it to the baby and they did . You know it did nto go to the baby it got thrown out , it was just cute though

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My friend told her daughter that there were other kids who needed paci's and they tied them to the ends of helium ballons and let them go. I thought that was neat.

Answer by bec_a-la3 at 8:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• This is what we did and it worked like a dream! Other moms have done it as well... We started by cutting the tip of the binkie just a little each day until there wasn't anything left for our son to suck on. On that last day, he handed it back to us and said, "No working!" He hasn't asked for it since!!

Answer by Splash314 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2008