Somebody is trying to find me on craigslist. I'm married...Should I reply and tell them this or just ignore it?

A friend was browsing missed connections on CL and knew he was looking for me right away because it's at my workplace, knows my name and describes me perfectly. I read the four adds and I know it's me too. I'm not sure who the person is, though. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• tell your hubby... and then reply to it with his knowledge. There is no reason your hubby should get mad really.. Id say take care of it & ask him to delete it since he connected to you.. Anyone else out there can read it... Friends, family, inlaws, co-workers...

I dont think id contact the police just yet.. That would be silly! ".... I mean that is what its there for! Should everyone report a missed connections to the police?
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• ... Why is he looking for you on CL when he even knows your name, workplace... and creepily everything else?
    I would print off the ads, and ignore it. Keep the ads as evidence, a "just in case" scenario in case he becomes a stalker.
    That's really creepy! Maybe it's a joke, but still, don't give the craigslister the time of day by responding.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• ooo maybe it is your husband and he is trying to trap you and see if you respond! If not, I agree with the creepy stalker notion!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yikes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would print it off and take it to the police and see what they say, seeing as how there have been craigslist murderers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• If you're scared, call the police. If you're excited like a junior high girl, Grown up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would save the ads somewhere, just in case, but also write back & tell them "Thank you, BUT..."
    That is kinda creepy that they know your name & your workplace. I wonder why they just don't come & talk to you?
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i would reply and find out what that person wants..you don't have to hide from your husband. Tell him about it and let him help by replying to this person for you. Maybe its a really good person. I recently looked up an old friend on myspace. I had not seen her in 13 years. I found her and we are catching up..its amazing who you can find online. Yes, there are psychos too but if you live in fear then you don't live at all.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 5:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• If it's someone who knows you and your place of work, they should just contact you. Bill collectors also use craigslist to locate people, especially since they aren't supposed to actually contact you at work without your permission.
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2010