why is my husband so addicted to warhammer online? will he ever change?

ok well my name is amanda im 19 and my husband is 21 we have a 13 month old baby boy and well my hubb is in the army and we recently got our own place we use to live at my moms but he has always been like this, into video games but lately he just spend all day on the game and i really have to nag to get him off the game. i been looking online to see if i am the only one with this problem but i noticed im not. we have also been going to counseling 3 sessions and i just kinda felt like it didnt help so i feel like giving up but i just dont know what to do i want to leave him but i dont want the easy way out i want to fight for our marriage! but i feel like i am the only one. hes playing right now! its sad really and i told him if he doesnt change i will leave him and he said he enjoys playing and i tell him we our a family and he needs to act more like a dad and a husband well sorry for making it long but thanks for reading....

amanda9069

Asked by amanda9069 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Girl, welcome to the club. My DH plays his PS3 all the time he gets off work. It bothers me but I stop nagging him about it. I just had to accept the fact that he is into the game more than his family. It makes my life easier to leave him and his game alone.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 3:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• yea at times i try to ignore him and accept the fact that he likes his video games more than he likes me and our son but when i thin k that i just feel like i deserve better and if he doesnt change or at least moderate his gaming i will leave him and as much as it hurts because i love him i know i deserve better.
    amanda9069

Answer by amanda9069 at 3:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Your best bet would be to comprise. Tell him if you spend x amount of time with us you can spend x amount of time playing your game. Try that before you throwin the towel. Also it may just take time for him to grow up and realize what he has got right in front of him.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I have a son who is addicted to his DS, at times he won't let me help him play it and other times he gets frustrated with me if I don't help him play the game. Dad grew up with video games and sometimes he is hooked on video games and sometimes he is hooked on video games that are not online, he also had women porn Ive seen on his personal laptop computer that he does not share with me. My own brother looked up porn online in his teen years. Adult Men are part boy, part teenage male, and part adult male.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• So many military guys are hooked on video games. I guess they need the stimulation and adrenalin high. Not sure what the answer is though. It's a serious addiction. I know at one time military personnel were not allowed to play WOW but they do it anyway! That shows how serious the addiction is. Try to talk to him about balance and discipline (military dudes like that word). Challenge him (yeah they like that too) to spend two hours a day (or whatever is reasonable to you) with you and the baby.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• It's pretty clear that this man had no idea what being married or having kids was really like before he went and did it. And that's really just too darn bad, because he's already spang in the middle of it. I don't get why it seems that he has no pride issues with being a slacker loser when it comes to his family. You'd think he would want to show off his abilities to be a good father and husband along with his high scores.
    Anonymous

• you do deserve better. he's more interested in his video games than his son and you. that's bullshit. he made the commiment when you got married and had your son. you shouldn't have to comprise. there are plenty of men who would treat you better. he sounds immature and doesn't want the responsibility of being a parent and married. my so is the same way. i put up with it for awhile. i realized i deserve better and my son deserves someone who is going to be a father to him. so i'm leaving. i leave this sunday. it sucks but i know in the long run it's the best decision for my son and i. i hope he changes for you but i don't think he will. if he doesn't change then leave. you seem pretty smart since you know you deserve better. you will find better someday. good luck.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• wow u just opened my eyes ahh thanks !! well sadly he wasn't ready and i wasn't either but woman always tend to be more mature. i am going to make him see that if he doesnt change this dumb game will be the reason why he loses me. ahhhh i just really hate that he calls me a control freak because i try to help him moderate his time on the computer well is it wrong that i try to do that?
    amanda9069

Answer by amanda9069 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2010