military bonus and child support

my ex owes me 3500 in back child support he has made his payment on time for the last 4months i found out that he would be getting his enlistment bonus( i heard he was getting 6000.00) will cs take the 3500 he owes me out of that or will they let him to continue making payments on the back?

i am not money hungry i'm unemployed ( i get 962 a month) thats all i have to support my self and my dd i cant find a job i just scared that i'll lose everything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• i dunno, but i would make sure the child support office knows he's getting a bonus. see what they say
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 4:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I don't know what CPS will do about it, but you could consider contacting his Command about it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I agree with inkydorei on this.

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Even if they do give that bonus money to you, it won't be a lump sum. He will probably get about $2000 after he reports to his unit, and then he will get the remainder about a year or two later. At least this is how they did my husband's bonus. (Things may have changed). Have you talked with your ex about it? It sounds like he is trying to do good and catch up on his back payment. But if he is refusing to give you any of that money, then I would contact the Child support office and then his command.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2010