What is a simple home remedy to get rid of a yeast infection.

I took some antobotics and it cause me to get an yeast infection. My doctor gave me something for it, but it's not working at all. That cream it seems make it worst. I heard vinager is good but I don't know. I need some advice!! What your best answer. I dont' need nothing to cause anymore itching or burning!!! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Health

• The only thing I've ever heard of doing is eating yogurt or drinking lots and lots of (I think) cranberry juice. The 7 day Monistat works too, for some people. You can read this http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthconditionsqtoz/a/yeast_infection.htm or google 'home remedy for yeast infection' and lots of links will show up. To calm the itching, I recommend a cold washcloth - it worked for me when I got one after being put on antibiotics for tonsillitis. Whatever you do, DON'T itch, you'll only make yourself more irritated and raw, then it'll burn when you pee. Good luck!
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 6:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I've heard of people using yogurt on the area. I've also heard of people using garlic. They insert garlic capsules or take a few garlic cloves and wrap them in cheesecloth and insert for about a half hour. I haven't tried those things though. I used to get a lot of yeast infections and the thing that works best for me is the Monistat 7 day treatment, not the one day or the three day, it has to be the 7 day. And then once it's gone I do everything I can to prevent it from returning. Ugh! yeast infections are the worst! I hope you feel better soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• natural yogurt on the outside and the inside the vagina - also a diet with as little carb (in both starch and sugar) as possible. For me the only thing that works is the tablet and cream combo (in in Australia so not sure what is available in US). Go to the drugstore, and ask someone - it is absolutely worth sucking up the embarrassment and just asking someone in there- creams and pessaries like canestan will help!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• yogart and cut out sugar until its gone. you apply the yogart to the vagina and also eat tons of it. cranberry juice is for a urinary tract infection btw lol and oaded with sugars.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• yogurt, inside and out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yogurt. FYI: Next time eat yogurt before and while you are taking the antibiotics and it will stop it from happening

Answer by admckenzie at 1:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2010