I dang near got shot! Can you imagine?

LOL bet you thought this would be about gettin shot but it's actually about dodging a bullet in my lifetime and a question about past loves.
Long story short: Kevin and I should have been together, heaven knows we tried enough, from the time I was 14 he chased me. When I was 20 I slept with him once - he never came back & I later learned that it wasn't by choice that he didn't come back around (really long story and if I told it all we'd all be in tears). I mean ours was a tragic young love story. OMG Kevin was SO beautiful and I seemed to be the only thing in the world that could get him all tangled and tongue-tied. Through our lives it just seemed our timing was always wrong. When he was free, I wasn't and vise-versa.
He recently found me on FB after 20 yrs. and professed his love for me but I've learned that he turned out to be a chauvinist jerk. I have two choices now - *just* delete him or tell him off Then delete?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Has he been a chauvinist jerk to you? If not, then why tell him off?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Op here.... yeah, he has been. We've been talking, texting, emailing etc for about 3 weeks. In that time I learn quickly that he has self esteem issues - always putting himself down. He was on a particular self deprecating roll one day and I told him to stop - but b4 I could get much out he snapped at me "you're the ONLY woman who's ever got by with telling me to shut up. I'll put up with a lot but I won't have a woman telling me when to talk or what to say" (and I hadn't even used the phrase 'shut up'). Then one time he started on this roll about him "having my number" - I was like, 'you have't seen me in 20 years I doubt you have my number" and he went off about how I needed to accept "my role in this relationship and let him drive" - I thought WTH. THEN he's all mushy talking then 2 days later he's all cool. Like he sent me a song to listen to, but when I asked if it was "For me" he was like "It's just about life"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I say delete,delete,delete! Why bother trying to explain it,he's not gonna want to understand,he's an asshole!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• P.S. The song he sent me to listen to was Lady Antebellum "All We'd Ever Need" -- if you're not familiar here are the lyrics....
    My friends think I'm moving on,
    but the truth is I'm not that strong and nobody knows it but me.
    I've kept all the words you said,
    in a box underneath my bed,
    and nobody knows it but me.
    But if you're happy I'll get through somehow,
    but the truth is that I've been screaming out.
    I should have been chasing you,
    You should have been trying to prove,
    that you were all that mattered to me,
    Oh, you should have said all the things,
    that I kept inside of me and maybe,
    You could have made me believe,
    that what we had girl,
    Oh, that what we had
    What we had Was all we'd ever need

AND he led me to believe that he was separated, getting divorced - found out he's not. And he's been sneaking around to talk to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• First Run second Run third run he sounds like a control freak and he also sounds like he has gotten bitter over the years how does he treat his wife and if he is sneaking around with you who else is he sneaking around with just delete him. Too much is going on in his life for this to be even right for you. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Delete and block. Telling him off won't do anything but get you pissed.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• U R lucky U R not maried to him now delete delete delete
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• .. Yeah, no shit! Dammit I'd have been better off just living the rest of my life with the memory of "The Guy Who Should Have Been". It's heartbreaking to learn all this about him now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I'd just delete him and call it a day.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 10:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Send him a message that says exactly this:

Dear Kevin,

We're done.

-Alice

Then delete, delete, delete.

Thanks for posting this. I've been following your posts and I've be curious about the outcome.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2010