Oil now showing up on our local beach in Alabama :( This is a sad sad day. I am fearful that they may never be the same :( Are you worried? Do you go to the beach ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We live in GA and go to gulf shores every year (we are planning on moving there in a few years). We might change our plans and vacation somewhere else. Its so sad the beaches down there are beautiful.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I am going down there the end of the month to visit family, and now we can't go to the beach :( I am very sad, I grew up down there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• No, I'm not worried. They boo hooed the smae story when we had the Valdez tradgedy. We survived and the wildlife is back just as we will survive this and things will be normal again. It will take a few years but it will happen.
    This is nothing to the government and the EPA except a toe hold on stopping drilling and getting therough their money grabbing Tax and Cap legeslation. Everyone will be so emotionally distraught about the pictures of oily birds and dead fish stories that they won't care that the same lousy money grabbing, business killing, tax raising bill they fought so hard against last year is what they still want passed. Of course this is bad but we will recover and be just fine. We cannot recover from what this administration wants for America though so you had better really open your eyes to what is happening here.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Mother nature has a way of healing herself.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• start throwing your dry grass clippings in.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I live in AL and we are not big beach people. My mom has a pool and we visit there (I really like having potty's, food, nap place for the baby, and no sand in my shorts ;) but alot of my friends are and I am sad. We do take our kids some and they REALLY love it! I tell you what Pressley's Lake is, creek nearby that someone brought sand into and charges people to enter, has been doing BIG business this year already!! I think that mother Nature will work this out if and when the idiots in charge finally get the leak fixed. We NEED to drill...we ALLLLLLL use the products from it.....BUT the SAFETY procedures SHOULD be followed, and maybe INSPECTED on some kind of regular basis (sarcasm).

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I am worried. It sad that our enviroment is getting destroyed and it seems like everyone is shrugging it off. There are living creatures in that ocean that are dieing because of this. It can really effect our eco system and I am concerned what will happen in the long run. The oil hasn't come to florida beaches yet. but it probably only a matter of time before it does. I had planned on volunteering on the cleaning the oil spill when it came here but then I found out I was pregnant so. I gonna have to find another way to help.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I am very worried it will come up to the East Coast because if it does, my family is screwed. And I am also very sad for the other fmilies that are already affected by it :(
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• If your heart does not hurt at all by what has happened then there is something wrong with you! Yes the planet can heal itself in time, but what about the animals that are already there.. All the innocent wild life that are being killed, that are suffering.

If the economy is bad already, its about to get REALLY bad in these areas until mother nature takes it course of healing!! Imagine -- whatever brings big money into your state/ town -- that something happened to that source & animals were being hurt in the process, I bet you would have a different opinion.

Im 30min away from Galveston & know we are lucky this could have easily came to our beaches.. Im worried about what this will mean with hurricane season around the corner.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• 20 years from now this will just be a memory.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2010