help with gerd.

is there anyway to get rid of gerd? my two month old has it and it's just kind if upsetting to wath her go through it. she's been on zantac for about a week now, and she's had formula come out her nose a few times. is there any formula that's better for her? she's on similac sensitive soy. i keep her proped up and keep her up for thirty minutes after she's done eating and i also burp her after every ounce but she still spits up. sometimes alot and sometimes not very much. she still seems uncomfortable even with the zantac. how fast do babies usually outgrow gerd?

meghan451

Asked by meghan451 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm so sorry that you have a little one with this. Typically most babies outgrow by the time they are 1. Mine didn't. She is 2 and knows when it is time to take her medicine. We have forgotten occasionally and she will remind us. My LO was on Mylanta at 5 days old, Zantac at 2 weeks and by 2 months on Prevacid and Zantac combined. They don't like to have to mix the medications but it can up to 2 weeks to see what a medication is going to do. We took our DD off the meds at 12 mos and she projectile vomited twice a day for 5 mos until we tried the prevacid again. I wish you luck and if you need to talk just pm me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2010