Would you blame him?

I found out i was pregnant a month and a half ago... i didnt tell my boyfriend right away because he didnt want another kid. (Was taking birth control) any way... i didnt know until i started showing... i never felt any kicking etc... and i am 7 months. He still doesnt know but he told me the other day that if I am pregnant because he said that it looks like im past 6 months that he will never talk to me etc. and it sounded like he didnt want anything to do with this baby... so now i am more scared... i told my mom and grandma and they are coming up today... i really need to tell him and its short notice... i know this is wrong but i got scared and couldnt tell him.... its a really long story, but I was already thinking of ending it before i found out i was pregnant... and maybe wanted to keep this a secret so he would break up with me.. its my sons birthday today and i dont want to ruin the day but i might have to :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm.... you need to tell him. But wait til tomorrow. What's one more day. Your son deserves a happy birthday. Chances are your boyfriend will be mad at first but he'll get over it. But if you want to end the relationship anyways then just do it. No point in staying in an unhappy relationship. Good luck.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• as for answering your main question: ''would you blame him?" the answer is NO.
    im sorry sweetie but he made it perfectly clear that he didnt want a baby. and ive seen alot of couples wreck their relationship because of this thing. when i got married, my DH wasnt ready for a baby too. alot of my friends and family members gave me stupid advices on "how insert his sperm inside me from his freshly used condom" (i know knw, ewwww right ? but i was desperate to have a baby). but i didnt do that.
    i know ure case is different, u didnt get pregnant on purpose, but still i wont blame him. men are pigs, and we have to accept them like that !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I think you need to tell him asap.. but don't ruin your son birthday.. wait til the celebration is over.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• If I were you I would say this to him " Hey start packing your bags, I'm pregnant." Then If he really cares about you he would sit down with you and talk about it, and maybe even stay with you. If not then just literally let him pack his bags and go. Why stick with a guy that is just going to despise your baby, your baby doesn't deserve that. And It takes two to make a baby, so really he has himself to blame also. But anyways It sounds like your not really happy being with him to begin with so whats to lose?
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would tell him and if he decides to leave let him go. It takes two to make a baby and you shouldn't have to take full responsbility if he didn't want anymore kids then he should have used a condom cause bc is 100%. If he goes get child support and start a new life yourself.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I don't think that he's saying he won't talk to you again if BECAUSE you're pregnant; I think it's because he's already noticed you're past 6 months and you haven't told him. Most women find out between weeks 4 and 6. If he thinks you're 6-7 months pregnant having known for 5-6 months without telling him, he'd likely be upset. If you want to end things, then end them. He doesn't have to be a part of the baby's life, but I would insist on child support. Even if it wasn't meant to happen, the baby is still his and that makes him financially responsible at the minimum.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• He's just as responsible for getting you pregnant as you are so he's an idiot. Let the jerk go and file for CS.
    Anonymous

• If you were thinking of ending BEFORE you found out, definitely break it off. Don't stay with someone just because they are the baby's father, he doesn't sound like he would be a very good one anyways...

But yes, he does have the right to know. Tell him, let him decide whether or not he wants to be in the BABIES life... But definitely keep him out of your personal life.

good luck!
    MrsAdorkable

Answer by MrsAdorkable at 5:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010