What would you do if your husbands ex g/f kept trying to contact him.

For a while now My husbands exes try to add him on myspace, yahoo chat. And other links that he has! It's been bothering me. We told her off a few times, and even blocked her. So why would she want to talk to him so badly? On his yahoo chat I noticed he had like 4 girls try talking to him, which hurt me. And then His ex was still up as a request to add her. He never clicked off, even though he never added her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like you may have a problem with your husband. If he isn't deleting the request, he is considering it. Are you sure that he isn't doing anything to make her think he wants to talk to her? Even the simplest hello may be too much for her
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• First of all, you have to realize that the computer world is NOT real. So, who cares about myspace or yahoo anyway. It's not like they can have sex via chatting or anything. So, I would not really worry about that. If they don't have any children together, I would say maybe she just wants to chat to him. If they have children, it's important for a child that all communications between parents remain civil. But, I would just say, who cares. Whatever is done on a computer, is just that... a computer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Anon june 6th at 8:28 no! I disagree. It's a form of cheating!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i kinda have to agree wit da "anonymous" answer. it's just cyber space and it's not real. now if you and your husband have had a convo about this and he knows your feelings about this then i wouldn't let it bother you b/c it's going to become a dead horse that he's gonna get tired of hearing and it's gonna push yall apart. as long as he's not doing anything that would make you think he would cheat or anything like dat; i would take a step back and let him handle it AFTER yall have talked about it and have a clear line of communitcation and understanding about it
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• How I would feel depends on how he is handling it. When this happened with us, it was the ex texting him. She knew all kinds of things about us, our kids, etc. thanks to the fact he is from a small town and heaven forbid gossip not spread. Anyway he ignored her and she'd go away for a while then start up again. I told him if he didn't tell her to go to hell, I would. Needless to say she got told to go away and stay there. If your husband is not doing that, he needs to. Some will say any contact encourages, it does not if it's the right kind. If he is not interested he should tell her to leave him alone. If she keeps pestering him online, he should report her or delete his account. This is one of the reasons I feel like facebook and myspace are becoming more of a problem. It's way too easy for ex's to start up again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Just another reason to NOT have these types of accounts. They cause drama in a relationship if you aren't secure in it to begin with. If you WERE secure, you wouldn't care.
    Anonymous

• As for the computer not being real, take a look around this site sometimes. How many women have said their husband or SO's affairs started online? It's not just a computer. If you're married, there is no reason whatsoever to be talking to ex's unless you have children with them. Ex's are that for a reason so again, no reason to even be "chatting". If a guy is talking to his ex's and there are no children involved, it's just a way of keeping his options open. Ask a man sometime and see what he says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I dealt with a mentally ill ex wife for almost a year after I started dating my husband. It got worse after she found out about me because she'd been harboring some kind of delusion that they'd get back together.

Hubby had gotten to the point where he'd ignore her. He'd been through the 'go away, leave me alone, don't want anything to do with you'. None of it worked. She just kept at him. When I came along he was to the point where he just left the stuff that she send un-read. It didn't make her go away, but it was easier for him. Sounds like that may be the case here.

The yahoo chat chicks...well, we all know about the porn spam that comes through THAT thing. Unless you're 100% sure that's not what it is I wouldn't stress it.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I think that ALLOT can come out of a relationship on a computer! Don't ever under estimate that! I know people who met & got marred(eventually) & are happy as well. So that aside, If you think your relationship with hubby is teetor-totting & you are not sure what he is doing on-line; ask him. See what his response is.Maybe you& him could flirt back& forth with eachother online, it might spice things up for the 2 of you.'?.., never know.' ' Other; If the ex; is hounding him & he is NOT responding to her, then I wouldn't worry about it. I would also ask him to delete her friend request. He probally won't mind doing so.Because he loves you~SMILES~ right.'
    Anonymous

• Not just a cyber-fantasy world. On line activity is contributing to a major divorce BOOM.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/12/facebook-blame-divorce-boom/
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/06/02/survey-shows-facebook-driving-divorce-rate/
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/06/01/facebook.divorce.lawyers/index.html
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2010