What do I do? Help!!

My husband's best friend since grade school came onto me. He has always flirted with me, which has always made me uncomfortable, but I didn't think anything of it, because he flirts with everybody. Then yesterday, he grabbed me and kissed me, full on the mouth! I pushed him away, told him to get out of my house, and that I never wanted to see him again. He laughed, and said if I ever told my husband, he'd never believe me, since he knows his "friend" for so long, and me only for a few years. I don't know what to do. I don't want to cause trouble for my husband. I don't doubt that my husband would believe me, but I don't want to get between him and his friend. Should I tell him right away, or wait to see if his friend tries anything else, then tell? ***Please no bashing, I know I'll get some, but please, this is a serious question and I need advice.***

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• yes you do...tell your husband. if he doesn't believe you then he's not the man for you. i don't care who you are and how long you've known my husband if one of his friends came on to me i would tell him b/c he's your friend, husband and protector. that other guy can just kick rocks!!!
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would tell your husband now! if he truely loves you, he will believe you. He has to put his friend in his place. This guy is NOT a friend...he's a loser.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You need to tell your husband! If you don't, he'll continue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Tell your hubby. If he trust you he will believe you. If you don't tell him then he going to keep a friend that isn't trustworthy and that can lead to all types of problems. What if the friend tells your hubby frist? That will make it even worse
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Men like that depend on you keeping the secret. So TELL your husband. He's a grown man. If he finds out another way then it looks like you were hiding it on purpose and having a fling with him behind dh's back. This is how molesters and rapists get away with their bad behavior, too. They tell them no one will believe them.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• tell your husband. he'll believe you over his friend. don't worry about breaking up their friendship. i'm sure your husband will do that when he finds out that his friend came onto you. that's not what real friends do.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would tell my dh immediately. If he felt he could do this there is no telling what other liberties he might take when your dh isn't there. As well as his best friend claims to know your dh, your dh knows him and I am sure he will believe you.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2010