Can I file my husbands unemployment for him this week?

He has been in the hospital since Thursday morning but did apply for jobs earlier in the week. He is unable to do it himself and we really need the money so we can pay our rent. Is it ok if I do it for him or will that get us in trouble?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you do it online. If you have his pin. and all. I don't know why you can't. You're doing it for him. Its for him. You're answering his questions for him. He 's alive and you're just answering it for him. So I think so! Now mind you I don't know the rules. But you're doing it for him. The check and benefits are his! Good Luck! I hope he feels better. My DH is unemployed too! He lost his job of going on 25 years to nothing. Its been a hard 18 months here & We're jobless. Me with Cancer! I'm wishing you all the best. May he get well soon.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Mine only ever had to make a phone call, never even had to talk to a real person - same with my MIL, she gets unemployment every summer. Does your DH have to go into the office every week or something?! Call them, they should have rules for circumstances like his where he can't come in because of being in the hospital - I see no reason he can't call them himself from the hospital - that would be best IMO.
    Anonymous

• I don't see any reason why you couldn't, since what you are reporting is the truth.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010