Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice on how to leave my husband...

He is a jerk. He has lied to me about almost everything. He let's his kids treat me rudely. I had to work two jobs because he lied about his income. He is facing fraud, forgery and several contempt issues in a week and a half. He already served jail time 6 months ago. He may be serving more. He lied to his kids. He basically is a sneak and a liar. He has almost drained my money resources because I have had to pay all his bills plus the household bills. I never know what is going to happen...everyday I get hit with new information he has lied about. I need out or my children and I will lose all we have. (we both have children from a prior marriage) I have put money down on a house. I have gotten my own banking accounts. I have even made arrangements to purchase a cheaper car to live within my means. He does not know I am leaving. When should I tell him and how? Am I leaving anything out?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • You've done great so far in setting up a new life for yourself. Great Job! It's not easy leaving someone, even though you know it's the right choice. You're doing the right thing. Now, file for Divorce and when you've gotten the papers say to him ... "[Insert Husband's Name], you're a liar, a sneak, and a dangerous environment for my children. Sign the divorce papers, because we're leaving." Hopefully he'll comply. If he doesn't you can file to have him forced to sign the papers.

    Like I said, you've done great with getting a house, a car, your own bank accounts, etc. Now just file for divorce.
    If you two have kids together make sure to get custody, which shouldn't be too hard with his history. If you don't, then just pack up and leave.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • We have no kids together....Thank God!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • You put money down on a house to rent or buy? If you buy he still owns half. File for divorce then what you have is your's. He gets half of your assets if he wants them. Protect yourself talk to an attorney

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • I am renting....Thanks for the advice.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • i would just leave. who knows what he will do next. just keep yourself safe and your kids. i wish you luck!!"HUGS"

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • Just get out now and make sure you file for divorice. Half of everything you own is his. That's the sad part even your bank accounts are his. I would make sure & have no trace of anything no money in any accounts. I wouldn't wait if I were you I'd go now. The sad thing is they can still come after you for 1/2 of everything he has done. Make sure that it is in writing all bills occuring after this date are his responsibiltity.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • go to court and dump his ass! i just did that with my baby girls dad about a month ago(shes six months) cuz he turned into a crackhead!

    Answer by missjamie100 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • I would wait until he is gone and just leave. You have no kids together so that wont be an issue, just get divorce papers ready and make him sign them. Good job and good luck!

    Answer by Alexsmom04 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.