Is it okay to ask your bridesmaid to cover tattoos?

I am debating if I even want to ask one of my friends to be a bridesmaid. She has tons of tattoos. Skull, blood, you name it. I know it's vein but I don't want that in all of my wedding pictures. It's her thing not mine. I was thinking about offering to pay for them to be covered up with airbrush make-up but I'm scared she'll be offended. She is very proud of her "art". I feel awful but I feel it would be such a huge distraction. What's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I think its okay. She should understand not everyone thinks its appropriate to be seeing all that, plus your wedding pictures should look classy and nice.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• If its that big of deal just don't ask her to be a bridesmaid. I dont see the big deal about it but it's your wedding so your choice. But i'd much rather not be asked to be in the wedding than asked to cover my tattoos up
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My first thought is you should have considered this before you asked her to be in your wedding. But, now that you have, I don't see an issue with asking her to cover them. There is a product called dermablend, which should be available at Macy's and covers tattoos wonderfully. Or you could consider a shawl through the ceremony and pictures that she can take off after if it's a big issue.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't bother. My sister's friend tried to cover hers but the makeup just made it look worse.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• OP here- I know she'll want/expect to be in the wedding. She asked me to be her maid of honor in her wedding.
    Anonymous

• Yes I agree usually the makeup used to cover it up usually looks crappy or blotchy.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Sabrina, I haven't asked her yet....
    Anonymous

• But she's also probably expecting that you are accepting her as is (tattoos and all..)
    AngeLnChainZ

• if she is a close friend than I would ask her to cover them but if you have another person who can be a bridesmate then I would use her instead
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• pick a bridesmaid dress that covers most of them.
    Anonymous