How well do you understand Revelation?

Is it scary for you?
Is it a relief ?

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 1:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it like all the other books hold many important truths that should not be ignored. So I guess I would have to say it is promising, and scary at the same time. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I know and understand it very well. I've literally spent years studying it while I was a teen. But I don't believe any of it is real, so it's neither scary or a relief... It's just like any other doomsday myth to me - interesting, poetic and fascinating

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• It's terrifying. Especially if the Tribulation happens before Christ's return when he takes up all the Christians to heaven. Some interpret the Tribulation as after Christ's return and some believe it is before.

No one really understands Revelation. It was the future as seen through the eyes from someone who had never seen a man made aircraft, nuclear weapons, or even a gun. All of the bizarre discriptions of dragons and monsters with lady's heads could be helicopters and airplanes with guns. No one really knows for sure.

I know as a Christian I shouldn't fear the end of days, but I do. I have 3 very small children and if Revelation unfolds any time soon, it is going to be scary. The Christians are going to be rounded up, persecuted, tortured, and even killed like the Jews were during the Holocaust.
    Anonymous

• ahh but however...this person who did write it knew about earthquakes (perhaps not fully as to why they were scary to him or her) the heart of man and how they could be mean and nasty, war, floods and disease!!! I could sit here right now given the basic knowledge of what surrounds our world as we see it and say the world is going to end and give details but then when it doesn't, another generation will come and claim something different.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• It's scary cause sabbath observers will be persecuted by the catholic church and killed for refusing to go to church ion their man made sunday worship...
    Anonymous

• Our Bible study group did an in-depth study of Rev. about a year ago, before the study it concerned me because I did not understand the book. During the study I received much comfort from the book and now when I feel insecure about world events I can read in Rev. and find comfort. One thing that really help me in studying was, as my pastor explained, Rev. is written circular, most books religious and secular are written linear, that is something happens then the next thing happens. In circular writing something happens and continues later, while something else is happening at the same time and continues at a difference pace. There are several themes happening at the same time in Rev. and once you connect the themes to itself it is much easier to understand. Also I agree that John explained what he saw in his vision in his understanding but we see his dragons and such as military equipment and surveillance equipment. Blessings.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 10:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• It gave me the strong impression that St. John of Patmos was VERY, very high on something when he wrote revelations. His rantings someone resemble the bad trips that stoners tend to report having under the influence. Seven-headed beasts. Yeah, RIGHT!!! Heh-heh.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2010