What do you think about silk flowers for a wedding?

Do you think they can really look good or should I just spurge on real ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like them but costwise it was about the same for my dd's wedding

Answer by admckenzie at 2:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• That's what I wanted for my wedding so I could keep them! My bouquet and my brides maids boquet were all silk. Hubby's bootineer was real, that's what he wanted. But they were GORGEOUS - and here we are 7 years later and they are as beautiful as ever!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I like silk flowers, but what will you do with them after the wedding?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• A younger friend of mine had all silk flowers for her wedding a couple of years ago - they planned it out and got a superb deal - pricing for fresh was outrageous! She didn't have a terrible lot of flowers, so she didn't have to worry too much about what to do with them afterwards - if you want a ton, you're going to have them all left after. As long as they're tastefully done, no one will know they're fake. I only knew my friend's were fake because I helped set up & put stuff together - none of the guests I knew had any idea they weren't real.
    Anonymous

• I had silk flowers for my bouquet and my bridesmaids' bouquets because fresh flowers would have cost out the wazoo since they would have been out of season that time of year. The flowers were beautiful!!! The person that did them even put my grandma's handkerchief in my bouquet as my "something old" and it was so nice. I think silk flowers are nice because you can keep them afterwards.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I had fake flowers from www.thebridesbouquet.com (6 years ago), and my guests thought they were real. They looked damn good, and didn't cost much at all.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Silk flowers have come a long way over the years. I think you should look into them and perhaps try to find someone who can make some sample bouquets for you.
    The only thing I would miss would be the floral scents. On the other hand, people with allergies wouldn't suffer and if you were outdoors during any warm months, you wouldn't have to worry much about bees (unless you have bright yellow flowers).

Bethsunshine ~ That is the sweetest thing I have heard for someone to do with a bouquet of flowers. I can imagine how wonderful that must have made you feel.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010