any Catholics here remember nuns and their commanding voice?

I saw this article on FB and got a kick out of it. I remember the sisters could get me to do anything with a firm voice that never got too loud

A would-be thief proved no match for a small nun with a commanding voice. PITTSBURGH (May 28, 2010)--A thief in Pittsburgh turned out to be no match for a little nun with a commanding voice.

Sister Lynn Rettinger used the tone of voice that’s kept students in line for the nearly 50 years she’s taught in Catholic schools when a man reached into an open car window and stole a wallet Tuesday.

The 5-foot-3 principal of Sacred Heart Elementary School went outside and firmly told the man: "You need to give me what you have."

The thief turned over the wallet, apologized and walked away.

Rettinger said she merely talked to him as she would to students when she knows they have something they shouldn't.

Police are still looking for the man.

gbaby01

Asked by gbaby01 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's hilarious. Way to go Sister.
    I remember my 1st grade teacher was Sister Angela. She was the meanest teacher in the whole school and everyone was terrified of her. I was on facebook looking up the school I went to and all the other people in the group remembered having her and were just as terrified of her. That was back when they still wore full habits in school.
    Most of my other teachers were lay teachers (13 years of Catholic school). The other nuns I had were really sweet and dressed in neat sweaters and skirts (no habits).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• lol What courage!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Well, my only experience with nuns was when I was in a catholic pre-school.   What I remember most (even after 42 years have past) was that they were vicious.  They certainly had no problem with corporal punishment.  Come to think of it, I can't remember ever seeing them smile.  I'm not sure what you mean by "the voice" but these nuns were french and the Quebecois french is not a pleasant sounding language.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2010