eleven dollars short

My paycheck was $633.72 and I took $395 off the top ($150 to save for school clothes for next year, I am going to do that every pay check, and $245 for savings), and paid all bills but utilities, and I went to rummage sales and over spent my budget now I am $11.00 short for utilities, utilities are due on Thursday and I get paid friday should I pay it all friday or write the check and take $11 out of savings, or write the check and hope it is not cashed will Friday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd take the $11 out of savings if there isn't charges for doing so. Checks these days don't travel by mail to the bank, most of it is electronically taken out immediately. You can always add the $11 to your savings from you next check.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Take the $11 out of savings. Don't risk a NSF charge. Utility companies use the immediate withdrawal thingey when they get the check nowadays

Answer by admckenzie at 2:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• If you write a bad check KNOWINGLY it is a federal offense. I would take the $11 out of savings - more than that I would take $50 just to make sure there are no overages just to protect yourself.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• OP here: I am going to try to sell some scrap iron on monday and see what I can get, they quoted me $600, I am also going to start taking $100 out of most paychecks check and pay ahead on utilities knowing winter is coming and all, even if I did only $50 that would be a start I guess!
    Anonymous

• Buy second hand clothes instead of new; take the money from savings.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• OP Here: I do buy clothes second hand if they are nice enough, But sometimes for the price of used you can buy new at Walmart, unless it is name brand second hand. Also I am sacving money all summer for next year, And I am going to try to find $11 in cans to recycle.
    Anonymous