What should I do if my husband says no about having another baby?

I have 3 kids(I'm blessed) but I have been thinking about having another baby. My husband won't say no, but won't say yes either. He doesn't like the age gap that would be between the oldest and a baby (11 yrs) We can financially afford another one. I had a TL almost 6 years ago and it will have to be reversed before we can TTC, which is the main reason why my husband is undecided. He doesn't want to pay for a reversal because he says they aren't 100% effective (I understand this reason) and I didn't have to get the TL in the first place. (I was pushed into it by family members and in-laws because "3 is more than enough") I would like to have a reversal done next spring after I graduate. We both would like to try for another son, but how can I get my point across that my heart aches for another baby, boy or girl? How can I let the idea go if he absolutely says no? Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• understand the reasoning behind it and compromise.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I would recommend looking up the success rates for a reversal TL. You ARE very blessed to have 3 children already. If this is something that neither of you can agree on, then it's best to wait awhile. You don't want to fight about it throughout the pregnancy (if you did get pregnant).
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Tubal Ligation Reversal - Is Pregnancy Possible After Tubal Ligation?
    What Are The Success Rates of Tubal Ligation Reversal? Several factors play a key role in the success rate of tubal ligation reversal. These include: ...
    womenshealth.about.com/cs/surgery/a/tubligreversalp.htm
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I don't believe it's a decision to be made by one parent. Give him time to come around. If he doesn't, figure it isn't meant to be. I think to do otherwise is to ask for serious problems in your relationships. My husband comes before my children, especially those yet to be.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008