Has anyone ever bought a damage title car? How was it?

I am trying to sell my minivan (too much gas and I am sick of it!) , and I am still in school. I am looking on Craigslist, and the only good deals are the damaged title cars. Any advice or opinions? Should I just wait until I am out of school and get a clean car?

Lovey1234

Asked by Lovey1234 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What is a damage title car? Is the title damaged? I think the owner can get another one from DMV with the VIN number if there isn't a lien on it. I wouldn't buy any car without a clean and clear title to it....too risky. The repo man might come in the middle of the night to take it because the lien holder may not have been paid and you had no way of knowing without a clean title.

If this isn't what I'm thinking it is....oops...lol. I need it explained to me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Damaged as in the car was rebuilt?

We bought a 99 tahoe last year with a rebuilt title and it was fine. Just means it was previously wreaked and insurance calimed it as totaled. Then someone rebuilt it and drove it.

lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2010