How do you wear out your very high energy 2 year old?

It's too hot to play outside except early in the morning and late evening. And we don't have any extra money for entertainment right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think it's possible. It seems to me like my daughter siphons off my energy and uses it for herself. :P It sucks.
    Anonymous

• It's not possible. I swear, if we could bottle and sell even a fraction of our daughter's energy, we'd be rich tomorrow. :-)
    Kiwi has always been really active and energetic, and it just multiplied once she went off the heart meds a few months ago. We play hide and seek through out the house, candy land, wac-a-mole, go fish, (w/a regular deck of cards, it works well getting her to recognize her numbers, but I guess 2 yrs is a little young for that), she rides her bike and scooter through the living room, dinning room and kitchen (it's a big space, all hard flooring, and yes she wears her helmet). She also has a puppy she plays w/and takes care of. We play ring around the rosies in the living room floor, doing the "all fall down" part gently, we play tag, she does her "dancing" on her carpet, complete w/jumps and rolls (mainly a lot of wild flailing around, she's done it since she was old enough to walk), we sing w/music on.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• we crank up the music and dance crazy! We also dress up in costumes, hide n seek and whatever else we can think of. I know it's hot, but you could set up a sprinkler and play for a little bit in that. My boys love that. Go to your local library just to get out and about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2010