Weight Watchers four weeks post-partum

I've lost weight with weight watchers in the past (including after having my 2 1/2 yr old son) so I know it works for me. Wednesday will be four weeks since I had my daughter, and I'd really like to join again. Everywhere I read says to wait 6-8 weeks so that it won't affect my milk supply, but I really don't want to wait. Anyone else have experience with this or advice?

shawnaquijada

Asked by shawnaquijada at 2:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My baby weight was gone in eight weeks.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• It takes awhile for your milk supply to get established. General rule of thumb is your body if physically healed after 6 weeks (though most moms might say longer!) Waiting 2 more weeks isn't going to hinder your weight loss. Relax, heal and enjoy your new baby. Worry about weight watchers in 2 weeks. The time will fly and a year from now it won't even matter that you waited the extra 2 weeks. In the mean time, put your baby in a carrier and take a walk. The extra weight will help you, plus its bonding time for the 2 of you and the exercise will release endorphins which should help you. I was all teary and cried a lot after my kids. Walking always helped.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010