Do you enjoy the beach?

My girls love the beach but I hate it. I hate the hot sand and too much sun gives me migraines. There was also one year I went to the beach with my ex and when I took my suit off it was full of little bugs and I probably freaked out a few people in the changing area because I started screaming. My problem is my girls really want to go to the beach this summer. I told them their dad can take them since he loves the beach too (he likes any situation where he can take his shirt off, he's an attention whore) but they don't want to go only with him. They want me and my boyfriend to take them too. There's lakes in the area with little beach areas but they want the real beach. Also they're still little so I would have to go in the water with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am like you, not a beach person. My oldest son LOVES the beach. The kids and dh want to go to the beach so we are going to the beach. I will try to make the best of it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Be happy yalls beachers arent full of oil. I hate the beach too, but I want to go and take my baby before the oil gets to my part of the coast.
    Anonymous

• We love the beach. Just wish there was one close by. :-(
    Anonymous

• I love the beach. There's one right around the corner. They only thing I don't like is the clean up of sand. But we gather our umbrellas, chair, and food and stay out there for hours. I usually go with my neighbor and we take all the kids because I can't get DH to go. He's a big baby about it too.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I only like beaches by an ocean. I don't go to any of the beaches here in Illinois. I hate lake water.

Anonymous

• I absolutely...and I mean absolutely LOVE the beach!!! I feel at home when I'm near the ocean!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I live at the beach but I do not like it. I only go out in the sand when family comes down from up North. Now we have the oil tar balls showing up so maybe family won't visit this year!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I don't like the beach anymore, either. I found that out when we had our second child and took both of them to the beach for a few hours. I was miserable sitting on the hot sand in the glaring sun and having a difficult time breathing with this terribly oppressive humidity they have here in VA. The only times I've ever gone back are on cool evenings when we can walk on the packed sand near the water in peace & quiet.
    What is strange is when I was a child up in ME, we spent a lot of our summer days on York beach and couldn't get enough of it!
    I much prefer lakes and rivers where I can enjoy the shade of the trees and go out on a boat to fish when the day isn't so hot and humid.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010